Since we last spoke (technically, since I last wrote and you last read):
1. I got a new job. Still arts administrating, but for a smaller organization.
2. We sold our house.
3. We lived in a temporary house for a little while, with no TV (the horror!).
4. We bought a house and moved in.
5. I had emergency gallbladder surgery (and lived to tell the tale!).
6. I didn’t write a single word for any of my projects.
7. I did read a ton of books.
8. I bought a new computer, because my old one froze all the time, especially when I was using my writing program.
9. I had a writing epiphany.
#8 happened yesterday, and #9 happened today, literally less than an hour ago, as I was on my way home from work. I’ve got a brand new writing tool (laptop), a brand new place to write (the third bedroom that we turned into a library/office/new favorite room ever), and a brand new idea about how to revise my first novel so that it has drama and character development and high stakes, and all those other things a good book needs.
So, yay. I’m back. Stay freakin’ tuned.