I feel as though I’m probably used that Death Cab for Cutie lyric on a New Year’s-esque post before. But alas, it’s all I’ve got in the arsenal.
In addition to my usual resolutions, which always include something that will make me skinnier and my house cleaner, I’ve decided to include a few cultural resolutions as well. To wit:
- I resolve to be a writer. This resolution includes: thinking of myself as a writer, actually writing, and – above all else – trying to get a novel published.
- I resolve to see more plays. This theater season, we will absolutely see all of the offerings of three local theaters. That’s just with subscriptions and stuff. I resolve to get out more and see plays in moretheaters. I want to go to Uptown Players, Undermain, Second Thought… you get the picture. Theater friends, make sure I come see your shows!
- I resolve to be a better music fan. I will listen to all of the albums we purchase this year at least once (that didn’t happen last year), and I’m going to see more concerts. Come on, you know the kids want thirty-somethings hanging around their rock shows.
- I resolve to read more books. Can’t believe I have to put this on the list. I’ve always read more than almostanyone else I know. But I’ve slacked off, and my library is full of books I haven’t read yet. So I shall read them!
- I resolve to not forget this blog! I shouldn’t have to explain this one.
And if I’m not doing these things, I give you the right to call me on it. I’m going to kill two birds with one stone later this week by posting a long Great American Young Adult Novel update here.
Reader(s), tell me your resolutions!